Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes
Pumpkin is, without a doubt, the star of the season. It’s sweet, spicy, and often orange. And now that summer is finally over, pumpkin spice flavors are everywhere. What better way to welcome autumn than with a batch of moist and fluffy pumpkin cupcakes? The following recipe is one of my favorite fall cupcakes with a little spice to warm you right up.
The autumn season is synonymous with pumpkin spice. Pumpkin cupcakes are not just a great way to usher in the fall season but also a comforting dessert that will have you dreaming of autumn leaves and crisp air.
All of you know that I love easy recipes, so this pumpkin spice cupcake recipe is no exception. You will actually begin this cupcake recipe with a cake mix. Trust me, by the time you are done, this will not taste like a cake mix cupcake at all!
Pumpkin Spice Cupcake Recipe With Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
- Spice Cake Mix
- 15 oz can pure pumpkin
- 3 large eggs
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ stick butter (½ cup), softened
- 1 ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- Add cake mix, pumpkin, and eggs to a large bowl or stand mixer.
- Beat on low until blended, then on high for one minute.
- Fill each cupcake liner ½ full of mix. When done filling the whole pan, tap lightly on the counter to even the mix out.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until you can insert a toothpick in the center and it comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let the cupcakes cool completely.
- Add the cream cheese and butter to a large bowl, or bowl of a stand mixer, and beat for 3 minutes, scraping the sides as needed.
- Add vanilla and cinnamon. Beat until blended.
- Add ⅓ of the powdered sugar, and beat until blended. Add another ⅓ of the powdered sugar, and beat until
blended. Add the final ⅓ of the powdered sugar, and beat for 3 minutes.
- Frost cupcakes. *We used the Wilton 1A tip to frost these cupcakes.
- Sprinkle cinnamon on the top of the cupcakes.
This pumpkin cupcake recipe will be a crowd-pleaser!
The end of summer means pumpkin spice season is here. And with it comes all the good things: pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin pie, pumpkin cupcakes, and more. Now, if you want to know how to make a pumpkin spice latte, visit Recipe Girl! She has the best recipe that I have found.
Don’t forget I have a DIY pumpkin pie whipped body cream that is SO simple to make. It smells so good and feels leaves your skin feeling wonderful. It’s the PERFECT body cream for this time of year.
I know that this recipe for pumpkin cupcakes will soon be on your most requested list! It’s REALLY good. Please let me know if you try it 🙂
Are you a sponsor and would like to work with Sonya’s Happenings? I would love to have your spectacular products or brand featured on my blog. Either within a post or in a future gift guides, you can contact Sonya at email@example.com and we can work it out~
Sonya’s Happenings… product reviews, giveaways and gift guides are the perfect place to get your products noticed!