I don’t know about your area, but things are cooling off here in Arkansas. We’ve had the windows open airing out our house and it’s been nice. It’s this time of year that we really like to make soups and chili. I have a WONDERFUL recipe to share today, instant pot corn chowder. It’s a pretty simple recipe, trust me, or I couldn’t make it.
I’m so very glad that I decided to try to make a few recipes with an instant pot. So far, I have shared the Mexican stew recipe and it is SO yummy. I have a few others that I plan to share, but as you know, I’m “always behind”, lol.
If you happen to find all the buttons on your instant pot intimidating, check out Which Instant Pot Buttons To Use. I found it so helpful. I refer back to it often.
- 6 Cups of Corn kernels, frozen
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 cup White onion, diced
- 2 Jalapenos, diced
- 1 Tbsp. Minced garlic
- 2 cups Chicken stock
- ½ cup Heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp. Chipotle in adobo, minced
- 2 tsp. Cumin
- 1/2 tsp. Ancho chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp. Cayenne
- 1/2 tsp. Chilli powder
- ½ cup Crema
- ½ cup Sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. Lime juice
- Cotija cheese to garnish
- Turn on the Sauté setting and add the onions, jalapenos, and butter to the pot.
- Cook until translucent.
- Add the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds, stirring frequently.
- Add the corn, broth, adobo, salt, pepper, and all spices.
- Stir to combine
- Cancel the sauté setting.
- Close the lid and set the steam release knob to the Sealing position.
- Press the Pressure Cook/Manual button or dial, then the +/- button or
dial to select 5 minutes.
- High Pressure.
- The pot will take several minutes to come to pressure.
- When the cook cycle has finished, turn off the pot and let it sit
undisturbed for 15 minutes (15 minute natural release).
- Then turn the steam release knob to the Venting position to release
the remaining steam/pressure.
- Remove 2 cups of the soup and add to a blender.
- Blend until a cream consistency.
- Add the mixture back into the Instant pot.
- Whisk the crema, and sour cream mix to combine.
- Continue to stir until thickened.
- Turn off the pot.
- Garnish with Cojita cheese and serve.
Remember guys, if I can make something- YOU CAN MAKE IT, lol! This is a very good corn chowder. I hope you enjoy it.