Celebrate the upcoming spring season, with these lovely butterfly spring sprinkles cocoa bomb recipe. Like all of my other hot cocoa bombs, these are EASY and fun to make!
Have you been looking for a FUN homemade treat? These pretty cocoa bombs will certainly fit the bill. To add a little more FUN, you could fill the inside with even more sprinkles to add more color to the cup of cocoa!
What are Hot Cocoa Bombs
Hot cocoa bombs are a delicious treat that is easy to make. These little cups of happiness are hollowed-out balls of chocolate, filled with hot cocoa (and whatever else you’d like). The best part about this treat is that it’s super easy for kids (and adults) to create and the results are always delicious!
Follow my simple tutorial below to make this spring sprinkles cocoa bombs. Feel free to double or triple the recipe if you would like to make an even bigger batch.
Butterfly Sprinkles Hot Cocoa Bomb Recipe
- 8 oz white vanilla flavored candy melts
- 6 tbsp hot cocoa
- ½ cup mini marshmallows
- Butterfly sprinkles
- Semi sphere silicone mold
- Microwave-safe bowl
- Spoon or large pastry brush
- Large plate
- Small plate
- Pastry Piping Bag or Ziploc Baggie
1. Place a large plate into the freezer.
2. Pour vanilla candy melts into a microwave-safe bowl and heat in the microwave for 30-second intervals, until fully melted. Stir well between each heating session.
3. Using a spoon or large pastry brush, coat each of the mold cavities with the melted candy. Place into the freezer for 5 minutes, and repeat to add another coat of melted candy, then chill for an additional 5 minutes.
4. Remove the plate and candy-coated mold from the freezer. Remove candy-coated half spheres from the mold and place them onto the chilled plate.
5. Heat the small plate in the microwave for 2 minutes.
6. Place one candy-coated half-sphere upside down on the heated plate and move around to slightly melt the rim. Add 1 tablespoon of cocoa mix and a few mini marshmallows to the half sphere.
7. Place another candy-coated half-sphere upside down on the plate and move around to melt the rim, rubbing it around in the excess melted candy on the plate.
8. Stick that half-sphere on top of the other, and very gently secure the two together. *They should go together with no problem, but if you do have an issue, simply rub a little extra melted candy along the seam where there is a gap.
9. Pour the remaining melted candy into a pastry bag or ziplock bag and heat in 30-second increments until fully melted, massaging the bag between each heat session.
10. Once melted, cut off the tip of the bag and drizzle melted candy on top of the bomb in a back and forth motion.
11. Add sprinkles.
12. To use, place the bomb in a mug and pour 6 oz of hot milk over it, Stir and enjoy!
Enjoy your night!
Here are the process pictures, because I don’t want you to have to print those unless you want to do so:
In the past couple of years, hot cocoa bombs have become all the rage. You can mix up the candy melts and the fillings to make YOUR perfect hot cocoa bomb. Your favorite flavors can be mixed together to create a very personalized treat. They can even contain alcohol to make them “adult hot chocolate bombs”.
My hot cocoa bomb recipes are especially easy to personalize. It just takes a little trial and error and you’ll have your favorite hot chocolate bomb!
Have fun making your cocoa bombs! That is the ultimate idea when it comes to a hot cocoa bomb recipe. Include your children and make a family day out of it.
Are you a sponsor and would like to work with Sonya’s Happenings? I would love to have your spectacular products or brand featured on my blog. Either within a post or in future gift guides, you can contact Sonya at email@example.com and we can work it out~
In short, Sonya’s Happenings… product reviews, giveaways, and gift guides are the perfect place to get your products noticed!