This lovely handmade scarecrow mesh wreath will provide a beautiful accent of decor to your home for the fall season. The combination of mesh and ribbon in different colors and patterns adds to the beauty of this wreath design. Made simply with a few supplies from the dollar store, you can easily make this lovely wreath in your spare time.
This scarecrow fall mesh wreath is easy and inexpensive, made with mesh and ribbon. You could make one for yourself, and even make a couple more for your family and friends. Follow my step-by-step tutorial below to make your own fall wreath today!
- 14” metal wreath form
- 2 packages of decorative mesh (brown, orange and yellow patterned)
- 1 package of ribbon tulle (gold with leaves)
- 1 roll chevron ribbon (white with orange, green and red chevron stripes)
- 1 roll orange burlap ribbon
- 15 fuzzy sticks/chenille stems
- 2 pack of scarecrow picks
- Hot glue gun loaded with glue
Before you start, note:
that you will need a total of 30 bunches of ribbon/mesh/tulle. You will have
roughly enough for 5 bunches on each of the 6 sections in the wreath form. You
will make 6 bunches with 4 pieces, then the remaining 24 pieces with 3 bunches.
If you are able to do more than 6 punches with 4 pieces, that’s fine
- Cut all of your ribbons and mesh into 6-inch lengths.
- Cut each fuzzy stick/chenille stem in half.
- Roll each piece of mesh into a tighter tube.
- Roll each piece of the ribbon tulle diagonally.
- Gather 3-4 pieces of mush, ribbon, and/or tulle; laying each piece on top of the other, in a snowflake-like pattern. Alternate between them all, to achieve them whimsical look of this wreath.
- Wrap a chenille stem around the bunch and twist 3 times.
- Repeat steps 5-6 until you have 30 bunches.
- Now it’s time to start attaching the bunches to the wreath. Lay the chenille stem over the inner two wires on the wreath and twist the stems together three times to secure.
- Repeat this step over the entire wreath, attaching 5 bunches to each of the 6 sections. You will want to pace them so that the different ribbons are somewhat evenly scattered throughout the wreath.
- Once all of the bunches are attached, you will fluff them out with your hands, until
you get the look you desire.
- Break the sticks off of each scarecrow.
- Attach the 2 scarecrows to the wreath using hot glue, and stick them to some of the ribbon to hold them in place.
Here are a few pictures of this inexpensive fall wreath while it’s being made 🙂
I hope you enjoy your handmade project as much as I did with this scarecrow mesh wreath. It is PERFECT for fall 🙂 Maybe you could make this Instant Pot Mexican Stew while you are working on it. You can also get an abundance of wreath ideas here at Good Housekeeping.
Are you a sponsor and would like to work with Sonya’s Happenings? I would love to have your spectacular products or brand featured on my blog. Either within a post or in a future gift guides, you can contact Sonya at email@example.com and we can work it out~
Sonya’s Happenings… product reviews, giveaways and gift guides are the perfect place to get your products noticed!