One of the few items that I can remember making with my Mother is monkey bread. She really didn’t teach me to cook many things. Although, I always remember that easy monkey bread recipe. In preparation for Mardi Gras, I’ve changed that monkey bread recipe up just a little bit. Mardi Gras Cinnamon Monkey Bread is SO colorful and tastes so yummy. If you’re like me, you’ll love it 🙂
Cinnamon Monkey Bread is very simple to make. It is made with Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls, or whatever brand you prefer. I ABSOLUTELY love it when I can take short cuts in anything that I do. By using Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls, this recipe allows me to make a nice Mardi Gras recipe for my friends and family.
You can have this simple make Mardi Gras Cinnamon Monkey Bread recipe made within just a few minutes. Not only does it taste good, but it also looks FUN to eat.
- 2-16 ounce cans of cinnamon rolls
- 1 cup brown sugar .. packed
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups pecans .. chopped
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- yellow, green and purple sprinkles
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray the inside of a bundt pan with non-stick baking spray.
- Remove the cinnamon rolls from their tubes and cut each biscuit in
half and then in half again so you have four pieces from each biscuit.
- In a medium-sized bowl add the brown sugar, diced pecans, and a dash of salt.
- Stir to combine.
- In a separate small bowl, add the butter and melt.
- Add the vanilla to the melted butter and stir to combine.
- Start by taking one piece of the cinnamon roll, dipping it in the melted butter, and then rolling it through the sugar mixture.
- Lay the pieces in the bottom of the bundt pan and continue until all pieces are used.
- Place the bundt pan on a baking sheet and place it in the center of the oven.
- Bake for 40 - 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Place a cake stand upside down on the top (bottom) of the bundt pan.
- Slowly flip both the cake stand and the pan upside down.
- Slowly begin to remove the bundt pan from your monkey bread.
- The Monkey Bread should slide right out.
- Let cool completely.
- In a small bowl add the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla.
- Whisk until fully combined and smooth.
- Drizzle the glaze over your monkey bread.
- Sprinkle the green, yellow, and purple cake sprinkles on top.
- Serve immediately.
I think you will enjoy this simple, easy-to-make Mardi Gras cinnamon monkey bread recipe ~ made with cinnamon rolls - easy peasy!
Do you know much about the history of Mardi Gras? King Cake is eaten during Mardi Gras. According to the history channel “Available only during the Mardi Gras season, king cake is typically made with brioche dough. Braided and laced with cinnamon, the dough is then glazed with purple, green, and gold sugar or covered in icing in those same Mardi Gras colors. What really sets king cake apart from other desserts, however, is the small plastic baby hidden inside. Whoever finds the baby in his or her slice must buy the next cake or perhaps host the next party.” For fun, I suppose you could add a baby to this monkey bread.
A lot of us don’t have a lot of time to cook. Maybe you have visitors that show up unannounced. This Mardi Gras Cinnamon Monkey Bread recipe is the perfect recipe for you.
As I said, I remember this basic recipe from my childhood. What is a recipe that you can remember from growing up? Can you name one?