Warm drinks like hot chocolate and coffee are all the rage during the winter months. Even more popular this year are hot cocoa bombs! These snowflake chocolate covered spoons are such a delicious and fun idea for stirring your hot beverages with! Hot chocolate spoons are simple to make with just melted chocolate and snowflake sprinkles.
You can make these chocolate covered spoons in no time at all. The chocolate will melt while you’re stirring, for a delicious chocolate infusion to your cup! These chocolate covered spoons are a great addition to a jar of homemade hot chocolate, or even to gift in decorative cello bags on their own. Check out this easy tutorial below!
Snowflake chocolate covered spoons are SUPER easy to make and will liven up your hot chocolate or coffee!
- 6 oz Milk chocolate baking chips
- Snowflake sprinkles
- plastic spoons
- Line a baking sheet or tray with parchment paper.
- Pour your chocolate into a bowl that can be heated safely. I used 6 oz for roughly a dozen spoons.
- Fill a saucepan with 2 inches of water, and place the bowl over the saucepan. If the bowl touches the water, grab a different bowl or a different saucepan.
- Heat saucepan over medium low heat, scraping the sides of the bowl often until chocolate is melted.
- Dip spoons into chocolate. It helps to use a regular metal spoon to spoon chocolate onto the plastic spoon.
- Lay spoon on parchment paper.
- Add sprinkles.
- Repeat dipping steps until all spoons are covered in chocolate.
- Place chocolate dipped spoons in the refrigerator to set faster.
These snowflake chocolate covered spoons will be such a fun addition to your hot cocoa bombs, hot chocolate or coffee.
I’ve tried very hard to learn fun diy and recipes this year. 2020 was a weird year for everyone and I did my best to branch out and experiment with new things. Everything that I’ve tried to learn has been easy, such as these chocolate covered coffe spoons. If I can do it, you can do it!
My motto for 2021 ~ take everything in stride and try to learn something new!
I hope you enjoy this Snowflake chocolate spoon recipe! I found a great hot chocolate recipe that I’ve been using and I’m telling you the truth, it’s yummy!