Try these orange breakfast muffins this morning! They’re packed with flavor and nutrients, so you can start your day off feeling energized. Plus, they’re easy to make.
I enjoy muffins for breakfast, and I just had to share this tasty recipe. If you want your muffins with a different fruit, swap the oranges for another type. That’s one of the best things about muffins – they’re very versatile.
Ingredients for Orange Breakfast Muffins
Below are the ingredients used in this breakfast muffins recipe!
- Baking Powder
- Egg Sugar
- Chocolate Chips
How to Make Breakfast Muffins from Scratch
- Heat the oven and prepare the oranges.
- Combine the dry ingredients, excluding sugar.
- Add the remaining ingredients (including oranges)
- Combine the mixtures and add in chocolate chips
- Bake at 380 degrees and Enjoy
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 2 whole oranges
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. In a bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
2. Take one orange, cut it in half, and press the juice out of it, reserve.
3. You will need to peel the other orange, then slice it into chunks.
4. Add egg, sugar, milk, oranges pieces, juice, and butter in another medium bowl. With a hand mixer or a whisk, mix until all the ingredients are well combined.
5. Pour the liquid mixture over the dry ingredients, mixing as little as possible, just enough to obtain a moist batter.
6. Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
7. Spoon the batter into silicone or paper-lined muffin pans and bake at 380°F for about 25 minutes.
What can you do with a bunch of oranges?
If you’re worried about wasting your extra oranges, there are plenty of recipes that can help make use of them! There are many recipes that use oranges like this breakfast muffin recipe. There are also recipes like homemade orange juice, candied oranges, orange rolls, and more.
Citrus fruits like oranges are good sources of vitamin C and antioxidants, which make them an effective way to ward off infection and disease. They also contain a lot of fiber, which is good for healthy digestion.
Oranges are a great choice for diabetics. They do contain natural sugars but don’t raise your blood sugar levels as quickly as other sugary foods, which means that you don’t have to worry about any dangerous spikes in glucose levels.
Can orange juice be substituted for milk in this recipe?
If you don’t have any milk at home, you can use orange juice to substitute for it in muffin recipes. Orange juice might take a little longer to bake though, so experiment with different ratios of milk and orange juice until you find the one that suits your recipe best.
A word of warning – this recipe doesn’t use an excessive amount of orange juice and milk is already called for. Therefore, you’ll want to replace the exact amount of juice you were going to use with that much extra milk. Don’t make your muffins too thin, or they will rise and fall unevenly.
How can you store orange muffins?
Once cool, these muffins can last up to 5 days if stored in a sealed container. If you refrigerate them, they may last a few extra days.
In order to heat up a leftover muffin, you can simply microwave it for 10-15 seconds.
Can you freeze breakfast muffins?
Yes, you can freeze muffins with chocolate chips. I recommend storing them on a lined tray before placing them in a freezer bag. Reheat them in the microwave until they’re warm again! Frozen muffins will last three months on average.
Orange Breakfast Muffins are a healthy and easy way to start the day. The recipe is perfect if you’re in need of something new since it features fresh-squeezed orange juice which gives them lots of flavor and nutrients. Plus, as with all my recipes, they are EASY to make!
Are you a sponsor and would like to work with Sonya’s Happenings? I would love to have your spectacular products or brand featured on my blog. Either within a post or in future gift guides, you can contact Sonya at email@example.com and we can work it out~
In short, Sonya’s Happenings… product reviews, giveaways, and gift guides are the perfect place to get your products noticed!